ENTERLINE'S SUMMER MOVIE PICS AND PANS
by David Blackwell
The Summer Movie Season is upon us again. Here is my
list of what could be good and bad movies. A Preview
of what may be good and bad.
10 MOVIES YOU SHOULD SEE:
1. THE PLANET OF THE APES (July 27th)- This
reimagining of the first movie which is based on a
book looks like the movie my I want to see the most.
The star of the 1968 version cameos as an ape.
2. A.I. (June 29th)- This Steven Spielberg movie is
the finished product of an unfilmed project of the
late Stanley Kubrick. It stars Haley Joel Osmet who
plays an android who acts like a boy and develops
human emotions. This movie looks cool and New York
City is underwater to boot. Co-stars Jude law as a sex
3. TOMB RAIDER (June 15th)- Angelina Jolie plays the
famous video game character, Lara Croft, who must stop
a bad guy from getting a key that can control time.
Angelina has a great British accent in this movie and
John Voight (Angie's real dad) plays Lara's father in
the movie. Expect this one to make millions upon
4. JOHN CARPENTER'S GHOSTS OF MARS (August)- Almost
all of John Carpenter's movies are good like They
Live, The Thing, Halloween, Escape From New York, and
more. In this one, that babe from the Species movies
must battle Mars colonists who are taken over by the
ghosts of the former inhabitants of Mars.
5. THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (June 22nd)- The preview
looks good and it has one of th best and upcoming
actors, Vin Diesel who played anti-hero Riddick in
last year's PITCH BLACK (the best sci-fi movie of last
year! A must see!).
6. FINAL FANTASY: THE SPIRIT WITHIN (July)- This looked
like the coolest animated movie with it's near
photo-realistic animation in a story that fits your
average Japan animation movie like Akira, Ghost In The
Shell, and Princess Mononoke.
7. PEARL HARBOR (in theaters)- I've seen this movie
recently and the war scenes are amazing! The love
story should have been played down more. The Pearl
Harbor attack is the best thing of this movie.
8. SOLE SURVIVORS (August)- two words: Eliza Duskhu.
9. KISS OF THE DRAGON (July)- Jet Li stars in a movie
that fits more the form of his high action movie like
BLACK MASK and THE ENFORCER, and not that
disappointing movie, ROMEO MUST DIE.
10. THE MUMMY RETURNS (in theaters now)- It's a great
summer movie featuring the character from the first
and the sequel is more of a roller coaster than the
first one. It also has The Rock as The Scorpion King!
Expect The Scorpion King prequel next year.
10 MOVIES THAT COULD SUCK
1. DOCTOR DOOLITTLE 2 (June)- I thought the first one
was dumb and this one looks like it except for the
part with The Crocodile Hunter.
2. ROLLERBALL- It's a Remake of the 1975 movie and it
could be great or a bad remake. It could go either way
because most remakes aren't as good as their
3. ANY NEW JOHN CUSACK ROMANTIC COMEDY- John's movie
used to be great, but it remains to be seen if the two
movies (America's Sweethearts, Serendipity) he has
coming out this summer will be good or crappy like
FLYING TIN or his other recent movies.
4. ANY SEQUEL MIGHT SUCK- This happens many times
because the producers and writers try to make the
sequel too much like the first one and the movie
descends into crap.
5. BUBBLE BOY- This one gets the stupidest comedy
idea of the summer.
6. THE ANIMAL (June 1st)- This looks really dumb, but
it will probably makes money.
7. CATS AND DOGS- Cats fighting Dogs in a secret war
where the cats want to take over the world. Right! Who
had too many drinks when they thought of this one.
8. OSMOSIS JONES- Bill Murray should get back together
with Dan Akroyd and make another Ghostbusters movie.
9.ALL THAT GLITTERS- Mariah Carey?!
10. MOULIN ROUGE (June 1st)- YOU'LL LOVE IT OR HATE
JURASSIC PARK 3 (July)- This one might actually be
good since there no kids in it and Sam Neil returns
with no Jeff Goldbulm. The first one was so-so and THE
LOST WORLD was a mess. the trailer looks interesting.
AMERICAN PIE 2 (August)- This might be good or fall
under the sequel curse.
EVOLUTION (June 8th)- This movie has been plagued with
mixed test screenings and David Duchovny hasn't been
in a movie that hasn't made money except for The
SWORDFISH (June 8th)- It looks interesting with John
Travolta as a bad guy and Hugh Jackman as a computer
hacker, but Travolta has been in some bad movies (Take
this article (2.01) is (c)June 2001 David blackwell and revived on 7-7-2007. send all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org